Square Enix is celebrating the 25th Anniversary of its most-prized franchise, Final Fantasy, this weekend and they’ve revealed details on a massive series collection.
Here’s the kicker though: it’s only been revealed for a Japanese release and no details about a North American release have been confirmed in any way up to this point. And, to tease and torment you just a bit more, I shall reveal what the collection will include:
- Final Fantasy I-XIII with Final Fantasy VII International(FF I-IX on PS1 disc, FF X-XII on PS2 disc, FF XIII on PS3 disc; no XIV, X-2, or XIII-2)
- Special Anniversary video disc
- 2-disc Anniversary Music CD
- FF XIV Mogu Mogu Earring item code
- Crystal ArtWorks visual art collection
- Mini replica of Amano FF 25th Anniversary visual + stand
Holy Alexander! That is a lot of stuff. The collection is being priced at around 35,270 yen (or the equivalent of $450 USD). Honestly, I hope Square Enix sends it out this way because they’d be crazy not to with Final Fantasy being their most popular franchise over here for 25 years running. It would give a lot of people who have just recently gotten into the series to get all of the signature titles in one fell swoop and let them experience the series’ past.
Here’s hoping, but for right now we’ll just have to wait and sit over here, grumbling at how the lucky Japanese gamers are.