Following in the trend of mobile games like Words with Friends and Draw Something, Canadian developer Quatrian Inc. has brought the quiet intensity of backgammon to the world to Apple devices.
In a press release sent out early this morning Quatrian had the following to say about the game’s announcement:
The classic dice strategy game is better than ever and available on smartphones everywhere. FaceMe Backgammon has been professionally executed for iPhone and iPad and offers a multitude of playing options on an intuitive interface. Game center multiplayer allows players to invite their friends or auto-match to find online opponents, and local network games are also available using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. FaceMe Backgammon offers multiple dice rolling algorithms, ensuring that the game is both fair and balanced. Players can battle it out while text chatting within the game, and a range of achievements and leaderboards add to the competition and fun.
Top features include:
- Invite friends to play or auto-match with online opponents.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network).
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Statistics screen tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- Achievements and leaderboards.
While nothing in the press release is head-turning in its own regard, the chance to beat Grandpa at his all-time favorite game on a $400 piece of technology is too hard to pass up.
FaceMe Backgammon is available now on the iTunes store for the reduced price of $0.99!