Delicious new details for the highly-anticipated Skyrim DLC (really, more of an expansion pack at this point), Dawnguard, have just been revealed today. For an overview, Dawnguard is a DLC pack that will feature a cult of vampires led by an individual going by the name of Harkon. Harkon isn’t just any vampire – he’s a vampire who literally wants to blot out the sun using the power of an Elder Scroll, thus ensuring eternal reign for all vampire-kind. Pretty diabolical, right?
Players can choose to either aid Harkon in his quest and gain relentless vampiric prowess or, if you’re more of a good-guy who enjoys a trip to the shore, join the Dawnguard faction and fight against Skyrim‘s newfound threat.
As for the meat of the matter, the perk trees for both vampires and werewolves have just been released. The vampire perks are much more fleshed out than the werewolf perks, but keep in mind thatDawnguard is still in beta at present, and that more information is likely to come soon. Take a look yourself:
- Power of the Grave – 50 point bonus to health, magicka and stamina as a Vampire Lord.
- Detect All Creatures – Requirement: Power of the Grave
- Mist Form – Turn yourself into an invulnerable cloud of mist while regenerating your health, magicka, and stamina. Requirement: Detect All Creatures
- Supernatural Reflexes -You move quicker, while enemies move slower. Requirement: Mist Form
- Blood Healing – Killing a person with a power attack bite restores all your health. Requirement: Power of the Grave
- Unearthly Will – Night powers and Blood Magic cost 33% less. Requirement: Power of the Grave
- Poison Talons – Melee attacks deal 20 points of poison damage. Requirement: Unearthly Will/Blood Healing
- Night Cloak – A shroud of bats feed on enemies within melee range. Requirement: Poison Talons
- Vampiric Grip – Blood Magic: Can pull a creature to you from a distance, and do choking damage once it’s close. Requirement: Power of the Grave
- Summon Gargoyle – Summons a Gargoyle. Requirement: Vampiric Grip
- Corpse Curse – Paralyze your foes with this magical blast. Requirement: Summon Gargoyle
- Bestial Strength – Do 25% more damage as a werewolf.
- Totem of Ice Brothers
- Totem of the Predator
- Totem of Terror – Werewolf Howl of Terror affects even higher level creatures.
- Totem of the Moon – Summon an ally werewolf with a howl.
- Animal Vigor – 100 point bonus to health and stamina in beast form.
- Gorging – Feeding heals twice as much health.